Photographers Tips: Promote Your Photography Business With Facebook
Facebook has become the part of everyone’s social and business life. There are no strict limits and boundaries between these two spheres. Now you can start the virtual ad campaign from your personal facebook account and watch new people participating it. There are so many possibilities you can gain through Facebook activity. Let me reveal some of the tips for you. Should you have more tips, please add them to the comments area.
1. Be yourself. Set up personal contact with your fans and visitors through your fan page account. Speak from yourself, from your heart. Provide your reachable phone number, online chat channel, messenger id or whatever so people can get in touch with you directly in a real time, instead of listening to a voice machine or sending emails.
2. Be communicative. Communicate with other photographers through Facebook community. This way you can see their way of advertising through Facebook and study new techniques. Becoming “friends” with other pro’s will also “share” yours both news, events, wall posts and messages. In other words, if your friend (who is professional photographer) has 1k friends on facebook, new photo shared by you will appear on the wall of each and other of 1k friends of your friend. Imagine you have 20 friends who are professional photographers… your new photo will be seen by 20k friends of your friends. This is good.
3. Be gentle. Respect your friends’ walls by not clogging with lots of stuff (such as comments, posts, status messages and photos). Do one thing a day. Let them be intrigued about you ?
4. Be carefull. Use tagging on your photos. This could be your name, signature, picture, sign or symbol… even your website’s name, phone number or facebook account name. This way a good number of 20k people who seen your photo will discover your identity and remember it. Next time they will be eager to see your new masterpieces. Plus, tagging will keep your works protected from being copied.
5. Be active. Let your friends and fans know about your upcoming events, shows and offers. Encourage your fans by promoting discount coupons, running contests and polls.
6. Stay fun. Find a way to entertain your friends.
7. Be more than a photographer – be a friend. Find something to be your own feature. Give away some of the best photos in web sized format with tags to people you use to shoot. Let this be your small present to them. Do not ignore your friends’ birthdays or any other special occasions they share with you through facebook.
8. Be unique. And let your fan page be unique as well. Design stunning fan page by using pre-made facebook template applications from leading providers. This could be your premium or free facebook template. Checkout the amazing facebook templates below:
Photographer Facebook Template will be a great choice for your welcome page. We’ve found it among facebook templates collection at FlashMint marketplace:
Personal Photography Free Template is another amazing design yet absolutely free from Free Facebook Templates collection at FacebookTemplates2U:
Portrait Photographer Facebook template:
Daniel Portfolio Free Facebook template will give your online portfolio a new look and feel:
Among these rules, consider setting up your twitter account, blog and website updates to appear on your Facebook wall. Works great in the most cases. So, why not to try them?